Friday, March 12, 2021

DELAY- DONNER Island delay & looper ... mystery delay ???

$55.00 USD

DONNER ISLAND DELAY & LOOPER
These guys have been around for 5 years or more. They market pedals. They do not make them. When I started buying pedals back then I bought a lot of Donner because they were the cheapest and they sounded pretty good.
Eventually I found out they were mostly re-branded Mooer Pedals. The digital delays were NUX. Since then others have come than gone then returned etc. Including rebranded Joyo pedals.
This one has me puzzled. When companies rebrand pedals all that changed is graphics and name on the box.
Sometimes a different knob style is used.
It is farely simple to tell because every hole punched thru the box for a knob, a switch or a jack is the same as the brand that made it. 
The style and size of the box is referred to as Hammond 1590B enclosure or as an MXR Phase 90 box. For a start all brands I know of use a thin plastic washer at the base of the foot switch. I know of no one punching out holes for stereo. The pilot light LED has an unusual cover.
The thing that is most notable are the knobs. They are tightly together at the top of the box.
It has the usual time, level and feedback and a rotary switch to choose a delay type. Modulation, Ping pong, Reverse, Shimmer, Tremolo and Deluxe (plain vanilla delay :-)  The switch does virtually nothing. The looper is a 17 second toy.

CONCLUSION
It was Josh  of JHS pedals who got my curiosity. Check out the video at 25:00
As for me I will stay with the Flamma. Their FSO2 is just $68.00 USD and in the Strymon league for chip tech.

No comments:

Post a Comment