Saturday, March 13, 2021

TREMOLO-MOVALL Phoenix Wings ...classic sound

$35.00 USD
MOVALL PHOENIX WINGS TREMOLO 
Tone City's J.Wong designed this pedal before he left to start his own company. He designed many pedals for companies like Joyo, Mooer etc.The short story is Moval was set up to create pedals that may cost $10 more but
were designed for sound and not for price point. I the early days this was true. Ol' 'J.' left the company because over time management kept sending his designs back as too expensive to make. He obviously left and since then I not seen anything new? Big but. Just recently I have seen Caline/Movall on any promotion. It suggests that Caline may have taken over the company.
The good news this pedal has been under the radar. I suspect from what my ears tell me it is a 'optic' circuit'
It is tricky to do a get right. The reward is the old Fender amp tremolo sound. It is very rich and full. The modern Trem's use VAC's. Great for doing multiple waveform sound and stutter effects but not for a classic sound.
CONCLUSION
It is a one trick pony. But a good one! Alternatively you can get the Mooer Trelicopter. The Rowin Trelicopter is the same pedal but much cheaper at $25.00 USD where as the Mooer can be as high as $90.00 USD.

1 comment:

  1. I just opened up the Movall Mermaid Chorus (excellent) that I recently purchased and it says Caline on the circuit board. I ordered one of these trems as well. They are very solidly built, I like them.

    ReplyDelete