Saturday, April 6, 2019

PEDAL BOARD - update on the TWINS ....& the guitars I will use


THE TWINS
T.D. DEE & T. D. DUMB

OK it's about time.
After a thousand changes and all but a few hardware parts I am ready to build the two pedal boards.
They are designed to hold about 35 Hammond 'B' pedals each. Both the the pedals on your right are Hammond 'B' pedals. Yes I have several larger pedals but I have several mini pedals too. It should average out. Why 35? Well I have to draw the line somewhere. LOL.

The delays first started with my move ...then with fixing up the place. Next I got into a heavy everyday band rehearsal and added to that a lot of personal upgrading of my music theory. Finally with the tunes now being learnt faster I have had to get back to song writing. It all has worked out well. The upgraded theory has kicked open a lot of doors and I just seem to be inspired with everything new, better organized and a general upbeat vibe from the band.

I have bought and even sold some of the pedals I just bought.
With a wider selection of tunes it is easy to find what
pedals work with the band and the new tunes.

I am waiting on what I hope are the last 2 pedals. A Seymour Duncan Vice Grip with a 20:1 compression ratio. Compared to 99% of all the others with a 4:1 ratio that means 5 time more sustain. I am also waiting for a Daredevil Pedals Atomic Cock a cocked Wah pedal.

I have 66 pedals coming out of 5 loops to share between the 2 boards and a patch bay on each to tie them together.

The Arsenal Includes -

26 Overdrives ...high gain, medium gain & low gain
1 Fuzz pedals
4 modulation pedals (Chorus, Phaser & Flanger)
8 ambiance pedals (Reverb & Delays)
5 compressors
6 noise gates
8 EQ devices
4 pads
7 misc.

THE GUITARS I AM USING WITH THE BAND

IBANEZ JET KING JTK30
factory Soap Bar PU's

GODIN RADIATOR
Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Magnatone MKIII PU's

SILVERTONE 1449 '63 Reissue
Seymour Duncan 'Pearly Gates' PAF & Q 64 Strat PU's
(mods not shown in the picture)

FENDER DUO SONIC
Seymour Duncan '55 Tele & Rickenbacker high gain PU's

PRS SE245
Duncan Pearly at the bridge and stock PRS SE245 PU at the neck







2015 LACE CYBERCASTER s245 
with Alumitone PU
just changed to a 'red' hand made Duncan Custom Shop Pearly
got it from some guy called B.G.  ... No sh@t!!


AIRLINE H88 STRATOTONE DOUBLET
with Seymour Duncan Pearly gates PAF & Harmony Gold Foil PU's

The Airline sounds almost identical to my '59 LP Special reissue and is my best sounding guitar. 
Both the Airline and the Lace have an ash body with a maple neck so I am going to  replace the Alumitone PU in the Lace with another Pearly. I have a black one on the way. It should fit in the open faced cover that is over the Alumitone. This way I will get
the airy sound of a coverless PU. You loose some tightness and add a pinch of noise without a full cover. The ash/maple sound is very bright so the sound should be as tight as an LP with its maple slab top.
The Silvertone is nearly as sweet. It has a 24 1/2 scale length and the neck and body are mahogany ...with the PAF at the bridge. In short the same weight and materials as Gibson's SG. It sounds very, very similar to a Gibson SG as a result.

FERNANDES NATIVE PRO
I had my fav Duncan Pearly Gates PAF put in the bridge.
& a TV Jones Classic FilterTron (original Gretsch PU)
I am amazed at this PU you can set up the bridge
for max fatness and this PU is just as fat BUT ZERO mud or mush
the whammy works great & hold tuning well!
1990 made in Japan
It is my current fave as it sounds KILLER
and plays great. Solid mahogany body.
I paid only $230.00 USD for it!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment