Saturday, April 20, 2019

OVERDRIVE-XTS Atomic OD ...a Marshall OD pedal from 2012 that blows them all away ...NO SH@T!!! THIS IS THE REAL DEAL!!!

 XTS ATOMIC OD 
$250.00 USD
This pedal came out in 2012 and I reviewed it last fall.
It is the only OD that blew me away that I have not bought.
Why? Well I never have less then 20 OD at one time. Speaking about time ...there is also ...timing
We are all short on money from time to time ...if not flat out broke etc.
The main thing is I never can get this pedal out of my mind.

The damn thing is big and a little ugly. I think it is the
rectangle drawn around the mids switch and knob.
Add to that it ain't cheap either. In fact for guys reading this all over the world it could cost you with shipping and taxes the equivalent of $375.00 USD
Yes close enough to $400.00 to feel like it. lol

It is an early Marshall in a box. But damn it ...it's sooooo good. 
Part of that is due to getting rid of any 
annoying fizz.
Some of my OD have a bit too much ...but to be fair so does the 
real amp it copys lol.
Finally it ain't no one sound wonder. You can dial up anything from 
an early to a late model Plexi then with a couple turns on the knobs 
you get just as good JCM 800 sound. That sir ...is damn versatile!!!

I would have to put it beside 3 or 4 other 
pedals I own but I have a feeling that once 
compared it may well inch past them all.
In my book this will make it the best OD 
on the planet!

Sure it is rich and fat and balzy ...but so are others. 
The fact is the damn thing has that undefinable kind 
of charisma in it's sound. 
It is what makes players still buy an Ibanez Tube Screamer!!! 
Damn hard to just forget about once you hear it.

CONCLUSION
...no money! ...no room on my board even for a mini pedal 
...no reason to have it because my 23 OD's cover anything and 
   everything even if it takes all 23 to do that 
...so I did what I had to do.
I BOUGHT ONE!!!!

Love it but money really tight??? check out the Setek Coaco OD/Distortion POST and be amazed at what $145.00 USD will get you!

No comments:

Post a Comment