Sunday, April 21, 2019

OVERDRIVE-REVV G3 and REVV G4 comparison ...both great...both different

 REVV G3   &   REVV G4 


I do not have a serious Modern Metal pedal and after hearing them all ...I still keep coming back to the REVV. The thing about the REVV is it sounds amazing thru just about any combo and not too many players are schlepping around a full stack these days. I even use a Plexi head but I have it going thru a very small 12" open back cab LOL

Great!!! but now I gotta decide which one. My music is very 70's in so much it sounds great thru Marshall JTM 45 a Plexi or JCM800 pedals. A few of my songs have a chorus or bridge that is just simple power chords.
Do I go with the 3 because it still has
one foot in Marshall territory or with the
4 because it has much more drama?

CONCLUSION
One cool thing about both pedals is that REVV
have added a big boost bellow 60Htz to give
you the sound of a Marshall 4x12 1960s cabinet.

The Revv 4 has s fatter boost that is killer
but I like the exta tone and tighness of the
Revv 3.
Damn!!!

Check out the post REVV G's all of them

2 comments:

  1. I just want to say how much I appreciate you taking all your time to review and post these gear reviews. Thank you Mr. Ewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like all players I want the very best sound I can get. So I scrounge the whole globe looking. Often I can only find them by going to the actual countries. Google and fake my way around as I do not speak the language. It works quite often too. As you may know if I think it is the best ...I buy it just like you ...full pop no deals. if it doesn't work out I sell it ....I still have about 25 not sold. lol I have kept 67 that really do love.
    I do not mind doing it but I really do hope like yourself many players enjoy the read or even find the perfect pedal for 'them' Not some pedal that is this years 'Gotta have'...which is often good but seldom even close to the hype. Thanks for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete