Saturday, July 29, 2023

GUITAR STAND- HAMILTON STANDS KB38 classic series ...WTF !!!

HAMILTON STANDS MIDDLETOWN OHIO Founded 1883

 KB 38 Chrome guitar stand

$30.00 USD

I sold a pedal to a guy who wanted to meet at an old church nearby. When I got there he was setting up a bands gear which included a couple of guitars that from where I stood looked like they were hanging in thin air, WTF. I could not help but ask. He said they ...like all the music stands were made by Hamilton and they had been in use since the 70'S. I had to have a closer look because really old stands are usually flat chrome plated metal like a cheap collapsible music stand . They barely can hold up a light acoustic guitar and as far as I knew were no longer made.

Well these fit the visual description but they looked a bit like a cymbal stand and are as strong as one owned by a Metal drummer that slams his crash cymbal with atomic force, LOL. The U shape prong to hang the guitar uses real ruber and holds the neck in place just by the rubbers grip better than my self locking Gorilla stand. Add to that these are not new but at least 30 plus years old. He said he owned a third that was at home he recently bought for himself but it was black and the two knobs that tighten the stand slipped. He returned it for the original chrome model and no problem. 
 
CONCLUSION__
 Been in biz since 1883. They invented the plain black stackable cheap music stands that you see in churches, schools and concert halls. They have a philosophy of making affordable stands that can get the crap kicked out of them, LOL 
Built like a tank, light enough, easy to set up, small footprint very tight grabbing zero slip hook. They won't tip over with just a bump you would have to give the a good push. Best of all half the price of anything else worth considering. Yes I bought one I have 10 guitars. Five on a multi stand the others clustered on different ones to keep them tight together etc. 
I need a stand right beside me empty to use as my my go to or put down quick to answer the phone, the door, grab a coffee etc. I want to just shove it in the hanger quick not having to think about it knowing it will not move no matter what. BINGO and thank you Mr. Hamilton.

No comments:

Post a Comment