Friday, July 28, 2023

OVERDRIVE- GREEN CARROT PEDAL CO. Cornstar ...MIAB

 |GREEN CARROT PEDAL CO. CORNSTAR OD| 

$130.00 USD
Based in Wakefield UK and has been around for about 10 years. This was one of Andy's first handmade offerings. The workmanship is as good as it gets. 
It is a medium gain OD. The layout is basic gain, tone, volume and a toggle with Vintage or brighter voicing. Some guys who bought one hear a Fender Tweed vibe, other a Vox. If it is meant as a Plexi it leans well into  JTM 45 territory. 
CONCLUSION __
You can get a nice fat warm tone but it has
enough highs to keep from getting muddy in 
the mids but the lows for some guys can
overwhelm so they may need a bit of cut.  
Impressively vintage  sounding.  Very open 
and nicely voiced. The price is more than fair.


the fine print
$145.00 USD
I liked the pedal so much I bought another, LOL. I had the Dazatronyx Brown Sound at the top of my shortlist and now living in Povertyville . I have to sell to buy. I sold 3 pedals on Reverb so  pulled the proverbial trigger on it. 

2 comments:

  1. Where can we find your pedals on reverb ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Reverb handle is ___ LENARD Re-Inventions Est.1976 ___ This name is used on all my business endeavors.
    In 1976 I got interested in guitar design so I visited and made friends with many designers. I learnt from guys that worked for Gibson & Fender and guys like John Birch who made some of the first handmade guitars. He made guitars for Tony Iommi and even had a lab to test theories and debunk myths. One guy at Gibson lent me the dailies. These are the hand written notes from testing prototypes and especially with the properties of different woods. I even got to know trade secrets. Some myths about woods are nonsense but all the makers keep quiet because it sells guitars. Many people believe that if you changed certain things on a guitar that was famous it would not sound the same. When Gibson was
    working on the Explorer and the Flying V they found out a lot. They thought the crazy shapes and large bodies might kill the sound. They of course do not. They found that as long as you used the right wood that a guitar the shape of a Steinberger could sound even the same as a Les Paul. Most off these guys are now passed on. A very few are not but I learnt all this on trust so I would never share these things until they are gone.
    I took a 2 year night school course in Industrial Design. I learnt to take designs and redesign them to be manufactured. Many small things can add up and double the price of a guitar or even make it so a small accident will make it unrealistic to repair. I have had many guitars prototyped. A few made and sold. Most were from sketches from CEO types that took credit for my work. I am not complaining I knew this from the old timers but really enjoyed the work. It is like a guy draws a V and says make me a guitar like that. Then when it comes out he says he designed it, LOL. Edison the guy that designed the light bulb, didn't. He was one of those CEO guys. The first commercially available popular TV was RCA. It was a total rip off from one guys work who went bankrupt suing them. They kept the guy in the courts until the patent ran out. Same for the guy that invented the cell phone. I designed a guitar to be manufactured as the LENARD F-4G. I had the help of the famous LEO's assistant. He is still alive so I will not say more. If you are curious Google. THE SECOND BEST GUITAR ON THE PLANET!

    ReplyDelete