Friday, March 17, 2023

OVERDRIVE - MOVALL MP-302 Plexi Troll ....$24.00 USD ...Yes I did, I ordered one :-)

MOVALL| PLEXI TROLL
$24.00 USD
on sale
 AliExpress
The company was owned by a marketing group that hired guys like J. Wong who has designed pedals for pretty much every MIC pedal company since 2010. According to Mr. Wong who eventually formed Tone City quit companies like Movall so he could do his own designs where he did not have to compromise with CEO's dictating the costs be kept within a buck or two feeling the customers were entry level guys and would not know the difference. Nevertheless even with his hands tied the pedals were quite 
good with their own sounds. Nothing is ever simple in China, because the pedal is actually made by Caline for Movall. 
It ain't no Plexi. I have been collecting Plexi pedals since 2014 plus I own a Plexi amp 
so I know when a pedal is close, very close or a take on the sound from a famous record where you get the sound via the treatment that the engineer at the desk added. 
I say this in this to aid of clarity. Because they did a good job of nailing a Jose 
modded Marshall JCM 800 :-) 
The layout is the usual volume, tone and gain.

CONCLUSION
It is voiced as best as you can get using the cheap OpAmp 
ol' Boss style circuits nasty hardclipper with a rip your face
off sound that can cut thru anything and with pretty good
Jose modded JCM 800 vibe.
 The price includes shipping :-)  What's not to like I ordered one. 
__
HANDS ON 
The pedal just arrived, weeks early!!! 
I have a PedalPal FX JCM Emulator with the best rep on the planet for nailing a real JCM 800 amp. 
I teamed  it up with the Troll. The Troll is my Crunch channel. I was blown away!!! Together they rule!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment