Friday, March 24, 2023

AMPLIFIER- LANEY IRONHEART FOUNDRY SERIES Loudpedal ___NEW ___ serious 60 watt RMS pedal amp


LANEY| FOUNDRY SERIES IRONHEART LOUDPEDAL

$300.00 USD
Not to be left out Laney too has entered the pedalboard amp arena. Like most this year gone are the days of underpowered amps. Most just a few years back put out about as much level as practice amp. Yes they wrote bullsh@t numbers on the spec sheet but the fine print said into a 4 ohm cabinet. (98% of all cabs are 8 or 16 ohm. In other words you got a bedroom amp and wasted your money. It uses like everyone a Type D power amp section. On one hand they do not add to the sound but if the preamp is good you can simply turn the amp up or down and not lose you sound. In short this amp can keep up with a heavy hitting Metal drummer or indeed be a bedroom amp and not lose your sound.
The layout is simple treble, mid and bass with two channels each with volume and gain. Basically you can set it for a clean and dirty channel and use the boost for leads. You get an FX loop and a basic faux speaker with XLR to send out to a the house system or for recording direct.
Internationally where there are noise laws most want the levels to be about 95dB tops. An average Rock drummer puts out 95dB. This pedal can be set with a great sound and put out over 100dB. In short at a club where only the vocals go thru a mic your backline can be balanced. You will never be too loud or not loud enough to get your sound.
CONCLUSION
It has as expected a very good fat aggressive with plenty of harmonics 
dirt sound. The cleans are totally usable and are actually fat when a hint 
of dirt is added. Better still you have a 10 minute learning curve cut to 
one minute if you use like an ordinary amp, lol.
You get a Pro sounding amp that can handle a loud band for the
price of some OD pedals sold by the popular brand names. 
 
the fine print
This pedal is the very best pedalboard amp I have every heard that does not make me pay for extras that my current pedals can not do better. The clean is passable and since I always use light Crunch for my cleans it is perfect.
Others simply do not offer the value. They cost from double to triple the price and and are still not close to an old $350  used Fender Hot Rod that show up twice a month in Kijiji. 

During Covid Laney took the only few things they did not make in the UK and
brought them back to a new high tech factory to keep the prices even lower and
have everything in the UK to control both rapid changes in demands and quality.
This I assume is the result ? 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like the Vs audio Aftermath:
    https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005003505425654.html
    Is it the same ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried and owned several pedal amp solutions. In my opinion nothing beats a real tube amp - even a cheaper one like the Vox AC15C1. These pedals are only useful as backups if you're tube amp blows during a gig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I even had the Bluesguitar Amp1 for two years. Expensive too. I sold it & went back to my Plexi. BUT...This sounds as damn close to the combination of my best OD pedals going thru my Plexi. For the price of some of my OD's I can have a killer backup amp that is zero effort to take to a gig. Hell it can be put in a bin I use to carry my mic it's stand and cables.

    ReplyDelete