Thursday, January 20, 2022

OVERDRIVE- BROWNE AMPLIFICATION Carbon ___PART 3 __BLUESBREAKER vs. BLUESBREAKER

BROWNE AMPLIFICATION CARBON OD

$220.00 USD
HANDS ON
I have tried every pedal out there to get a perfect Strat sound. It includes the stupidly overpriced Japanese wonder pedals. 
They were all beyond disappointment. Do to it's popularity I settled on the JHS Morning Glory. Trust me it does a lot of things but none of them make it sound better that an original Bluesbreaker. I finally by accident stumbled on the Chicago Stompbox Blooze Maker. It claims to be a straight ahead clone using NOS parts to sound like the original. It does deliver on the promise. It has all the good and the bad of the original. Like the original it has a great sound but the highs have a bit of a nasty rasp and it is a tad muddy, lacks serious sustain and is a bit thin. It is also noisy. In spite of all it's warts the Blooze Maker like the original sounds damn good.
CARBON vs. BLOOZE MAKER aka BLUESBREAKER
I set up the Blooze Maker up to my favorite sound. I then dialed in the Carbon which took me seconds to match.
THE BIG BUT!!!
The Carbon is quieter, it is fatter, it has better sustain and zero mud. It has clean crisp highs and a the kind of soft gloss I only ever heard on the original Klon. It still has the best of a Bluesbreaker stamped all over it.
If the Original Bluesbreaker was a truck it would be a Ford F-150 if the Carbon was a truck it would be that same F-150 but hand made at the Ferrari factory. NO bull!!! It nails it!
In short it sounds killer. It really is a big improvement over ALL the other Bluesbreaker pedals and I include the King Of Tone. 
Browne Amplification DID NOT tear the soul and guts out of the original. They made the pedal that Marshall should have made as their version two.
It was a long wait but I finally got a great Strat sound !!!
Oh yes before I forget. The build is stellar. Firm smooth pots. Literally the best footswitch money can buy. The whole look is understated and screams first class. Zero lint to pick anywhere.
CONCLUSION
If you buy one make sure you have clean underwear to change into before you try it!!!

The Fine Print
Read my first Post it gets into the Marshall Bluesbreaker 
history and the John Mayer connection etc. 
Check out videos, as good as they are they can't pick 
up all the sweet detail in the sound.
My second Post on it is really a warning that
the word is out so oder asap or you will have a long wait.
       OK ..I got to go. It is really uncomfortable sitting here ...
       I am sure you get my drift

No comments:

Post a Comment