Thursday, January 6, 2022

OVERDRIVE- APOLLO APPROVED Sky Scraper ...Mr. King Of Tone Mike Piera ...says it's killer!!!

$200.00 USD
APOLLO APPROVED SKY SCRAPER 

It is simple Bluesbreaker style pedal. It is from the handmade magic of Agus Siswanto.
Next to a Klon and a Tube Screamer the B.B. is the most cloned of any pedal. Of note is the King of Tone with two B.B. pedals in the same box. Mike Piera the designer of the KOT posted heavy praise on the sound and quality of the Sky Scraper pedal.
This is hands down the most transparent B.B. I have ever heard.
CONCLUSION 
I have tried a few B.B. over the years. The more elaborate they got like the JHS Morning Glory the better they got as a good one size fits all OD. BIG but! They all sounded worse than the the original in getting that famous just before break up dirt sound.
I have the Chicago Stompworks Blooze Maker. Other than giving you a little more gain 
if you crank it and fixing the weak level of the original it has been left untouched. 
At $75 it's a steal.
The Sky Scraper has kept the original vibe complete but has added a level of 
clarity and unsurpassed transparency without any loss of response.


the fine print
I like it big time. With my down sizing thing
I do not want more pedals. Upgrades, yes.
I am just afraid on some tunes I 
may prefer the Chicago Stompbox
Blooze Maker more. 
So I will give it a 2 day think.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about the Vick audio Mount Pleasant (B.B style)?

    ReplyDelete