Wednesday, September 8, 2021

BOOST- STONE DEAF FX QBoost ...Swiss Army knife booster ...impressive!

STONE DEAF FX QBoost

$160.00 USD
Unusually versatile. Killer for stacking other pedals for more gain 
and bite. You could tame down a spluttery spitty Fuzz without taming it. You could even turn a clean tone into a Brian May Vox sound.
Pushed really hard you get a Fuzz out of it. The layout gives you a level and a fixed boost that you can sweep through the entire range of what frequency you want to boost from 35 hz to 6 kh. A foot switch puts another fat mid boost over the whole spectrum. Another switch lets you choose between vintage and modern voicings.
CONCLUSION
Just today I had a great sound but when the band kicked in I had to mess with 6 knobs on my Marshall Super Lead Plexi pedal to try and capture what I liked but get some bite back. At other times I love 
the sound I had but want a bit more girth. A lot of boost pedals seem ok until the band plays and they just won't poke thru the mix.
On it's own it can capture those 60's OD's and Boosts
that colorsound made without their volume drops or other
foibles.


No comments:

Post a Comment