Tuesday, September 14, 2021

COMPRESSOR- KEELEY Compressor Mini ... NEW ...Killer! ...just released !!!

$140.00 USD
white is a Ltd. Ed
only 500 pc. made for
total worldwide
sales

KEELEY COMPRESSOR MINI
You name it and except for the ORIGIN Cali 76 comp and the BECOS CompIQ Mini based on similar tech, I have owned it. 
My board is wired up as 4 boards and so I use 5 compressors. Each has one (one has 2 for special effects). None are bad but if you asked what to buy I would say the Origin is best the Keeley Comp+ is reasonably close second. 
The Mini uses smart tech to eliminate a couple of knobs but basically it's a Comp+.  
Since you asked the older Comp+ is $10.00 more than the Mini. I have one and it stays.
The Comp+ has a switch to match the different inputs of HB of single coils. 
It also has a pot for tone and blend so you can add some cleans to retain clarity and have some poke. 
All this is automated with the Mini internally 
so your signal on has the same clarity as it 
has off. Using it is dead simple. 
Dial in how much comp then turn up the level
to match the off level or crank it for a boost.

CONCLUSION
All you really need. If you really want more than the BECOS or Origin is your best bet.

. . . I put my Xotic SP on Reverb & ordered  the Ltd. Ed white one.



HOW I USE FIVE COMPRESSORS
My pedal board is wired up as three separate pedal boards but I am building a new rig set up wired as four.

(Channel#4) ...I prefer using the Pigtronics and Mooer that are both Optic compressors. I have one comp set before and another after my a series of effects, like a the DigiTech Mosiac 12 string pedal and a E-H Synth9. I also use Neunaber Immerse ambient verb and an analog and a digital delay.These two optic comps on together are killer for giant dreamy orchestra vibe things. 

(Channel#1) ...this channel is for my low gain pedals and is mainly used for Fender Strat & Tele sounds where I use low gain OD's that leave the chime in the single coils. They sound best thru my Keeley Compressor+ but it is used on my medium gain setup so since the new MINI is virtually the same so it will go there.

(Channel#2) ...Is my medium gain channel so I will keep the Keeley Compressor+ there where it has always been since I got it.

(Channel#3) ... This is my booster, high gain and Fuzz channel. I have a Seymour Duncan Vice Grip Compressor/Limiter. The Limiter allows for massive compression great for Doom like dirt pedals using really long sustains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment