Saturday, December 16, 2017

OVERDRIVE- VEMURAM JAN RAY...and KAREN a Fender Blackace vs.their Marshall JMP



 VEMURAM JAN RAY OVERDRIVE 

From Toyko Japan came the Jan Ray an antique by today's standards. Is it worth it's $375.00 USD price tag.
The goal was to capture the Fender Black Face amp's sound.
It comes in a brass enclosure to provide shielding and eliminate any hum from outside interference. It even comes with a tiny screw driver to change the bias and therefore the overall tone from it's famous mellow and warm tone to something a bit more aggressive.
I mean a bit more. It is the warmest pedal I have ever heard. not necessary the fattest or even sumptuous.
Many players love it. It is the only OD on Pete Thorns
'travel board'.
I for one am not knocked over by it. It is too sweet for me.
Some of my OD's are not overly aggressive but they are not for the Fusion crowd.
It is what it is ...and there is nothing like it.
Alright which of
you guys took my Tele!!
!
It is a very high quality unique sound. It has non of the antiseptics of the other Japanese wonder kids ....Free The Tone.





If you love it  ...go for it. Nothing sounds like it!


________________________________________________________________________________

 VEMURAM  KAREN 

The hot pedal is the Jan Ray but it it gets confused with Karen that is a JMP Marshall voiced OD. Worth a listen.
It is true to the original with a great attack but not a lot of sustain.
I would love one for chord work behind the vocals but the price is a bit silly at $340.00 USD
I have others at around $200.00 USD that are as good.
I do like it a lot though!


No comments:

Post a Comment