Saturday, December 16, 2017

OVERDRIVE-LAWRENCE PETROSS DESIGN LPD Don't Call me Dirty ...get out your credit card there is only one left!

 LAWRENCE PETROSS DESIGN (LPD) DON'T CALL ME DIRTY 



Dare I say it...Shirley LOL
I have Friedman's Dirty Shirley.

Lawrence has this uncanny ability to have an etheral other worldy vibe floating thru his pedals.
His SIXTY 8 is famous for it.
Eytsch ...Mr. Cynical has a SIXTY 8 on his board.

The DCMD is a LTD. ED!
 I ordered mine just a minute ago!!!
Lawrence is like Steve Jobs...he takes a good idea that others may have thought of first but gets it right!!! In fact get's it perfect!!! Dead perfect!!!

So get out your credit card. Those that 'know'
have ...
BECAUSE IT IS A LIMITED EDITION AND IT IS ALMOST SOLD OUT
THERE ARE ONLY 5 LEFT!!!!
There are more then 5 that will read this that will order one...so get moving!!!


Check out REVERB if you want one.



FEB.1/2018
SO WHAT'S THE VERDICT???
So I have have been using my D.C.M.D. for 6 weeks now.
So how does it stack up to the Dirty Shirley (I have one of those too)

The Shirley is more percussive and aggressive.
It has a nice little bump in the low end to simulate a Marshall 4x12 thump.

The D,C,M,D. is richer warmer and with exquisite harmonic detail.
It also has more sustain.
It has a boost that adds a bit of punch which puts it more into Shirley camp.

In the end the D.C.M.S. wins for me. The sound of it with all that richness is
soooo good that I refrain from even turning on the boost. In comparison
the Shirley sound artificial.
I will keep both for now but if I find another pedal I am dying to own of any kind
the most likely pedal to give up it's real estate would be the Shirley.

THIS IS THE KIND OF OD THAT IF YOU GRAB YOUR GUITAR LATE AT NIGHT AND YOU ARE AT HOME WITH EVEN JUST A LITTLE PRACTISE AMP BUT JUST WANT TO JAM
YOU WILL CHOOSE IT OVER ANY OTHER AND DO SO JUST INTUITIVELY BECAUSE THE THING HAS THAT SPECIAL INTANGIBLE SOMETHING THAT MAKES IT MORE THAN JUST A NICE DIRT PEDAL

No comments:

Post a Comment