Wednesday, July 27, 2022

OVERDRIVE- ORIGIN EFFECTS Halcyon ___NEW___ WTF ?? a Tube Screamer ??

ORIGIN EFFECTS HALCYON 
- GREEN OD - 
$245.00 USD
I knew they would let me down. There are 751,698  pedal makers on the planet and all but one hadn't made a Tube Screamer. Does the world need another one. NO!!! Are they getting this plus another one from a pedal maker who is going pro next week? YES !!!
Ok ...here it is the Origin Tube Screamer.
The layout is standard ts with volume, tone and gain. A switch lets you pick ts or their idea of a hot rodded one. Another switch fixes the dynamics problem and the weird thinning out thing you get if you turn your guitar's volume down. 
CONCLUSION
I have the only ts I need. The Caline CP-75 Emerald Night. Side by side with 
a brand new Ibanez ts9 not only can I not hear any difference.  
I paid $35.00 USD.
What I hear on the video is a very crystal clear and sparkling OD. 
It is also a bit thin and lame.
The market world wide, is world wide and there there are millions of players.
If your brand name has a high profile and makes a luxury product there are 
those will buy the product to noodle around on it  on a Saturday afternoon. 
They will spend 10 times the price for new golf club to use the next day. 
My basic point is if you want a ts this is overkill and will not make you 
sound any better than my Caline. If getting something assuring  
seems best then buy the Ibanez ts9 for $110.00 USD.

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment