Sunday, July 3, 2022

FUZZ- OHMLESS PEDALS Boar Fuzz ....under the radar

OHMLESS PEDALS BOAR FUZZ 
$180.00 USD
Since 2013 Mark Widmaier of Hamburg Germany has been quietly nestled away simply making a few high quality handmade pedals. He seems to run an old style pedal company with just a few dealers. 
There is a Reverb site which is blank as the guy appears to be on vacation. You can however get the pedals from a few of the better known on-line stores like Rouge.
The layout is volume, tone, gain and the all important BIAS control. An internal trim pot allows for even  more gain to those that dare. It is silicon Fuzz roughly in the Muff vain though definitely its own thing It has a massive and rich mid tone and has near OD type control over the sound. Perfect for those who tried a Fuzz or two before and found they were all just shy of being out of control. Of course with the BIAS you can always leak in a bit of spit and sputter or crazy if you want.
CONCLUSION
I think for me it is a bit tame but I am a bit of a Fuzz aficionado. At least until it bites me back and then I right back here thinking maybe I should ...

No comments:

Post a Comment