Tuesday, May 18, 2021

FUZZ- BEETRONICS Vezzpa Octave Stinger (Babee Series) ...New Fuzz from the maestros!

 BEETRONICS VEZZPA STINGER FUZZ 
$200.00 USD
It has been 2 years for a second pedal to come out in their Babee Series. Every pedal they make is knocked out of the park. Their larger pedals are one of the few you tend to find in possession of collectors in with original Muffs and Tonebenders. These smaller ones are easily equal to the bigger pedals but are voiced so 
newcomers to a Fuzz do not struggle with the foibles of the classics.
CONCLUSION
As usual the quality of the build and cosmetics is killer.
I can not think of better Fuzz on the planet to represent a 
'Fuzz'. You get the tones of the early Tonebenders, you get the the Octave Fuzz thing that followed and if you pull back its overkill features lol. You can get close even a Muff vibe.
If you did a tune and thought it needed a Fuzz thing there
is a sound here to do it. Best of all the pedal is fat and punchy and you can add a knurly thing on demand. No matter what your setting it maintains a raw organic quality.
In short it is not a one sweet spot pedal.

FINAL THOUGHTS
6 weeks later
I pulled out every candidate on my short list of Fuzz pedals in the last few weeks. I rechecked every Fuzz candidate I felt I really wanted. I put the best video I can get against this Fuzz. I was blown away that this either beat them out or left them in a stalemate. My other choices started at $130 though most are $200 or more. So to cover a lot of bases the Vezzpa is a steal. 
The Vezzpa can be tuned to acceptably cover every model and at the same time nudge past it for balz, fatness etc. If am stupid picky it is furthest away from a classic Muff. But the new EH Rams Head model is killer and only $100.

No comments:

Post a Comment