Sunday, January 10, 2021

EQUALIZER- ROWIN LEF 317A EQ ...fairy dust in a box

 ROWIN LEF 317A GT EQ 
$25.00 USD

An EQ??? Whats the big deal. 
I have several. I never sell them as I keep dragging them out then deciding I do not like one or need a better one etc. I have the Wampler Equator semi parametric that is at the end of the chain for doing a tweak when my whole rig sounds funny in a club otherwise it is turned off.
I tended to EQ my amp or a pedal with it. These things all work out for many guys but for me it is yes and then no and back again.
I use 9 guitars live and most have a hummie at the bridge. my whole set up works killer with just about any hummie.
Big but!!! It appears really stupid in hind sight that I kept buying this pedal and that to sound great with a Strat when all I needed was a nice clean simple 5 band EQ to EQ a Strat PU. Any Strat PU! It took me about maybe 5 minutes and I had the perfect sound with all the Strat chime preserved. Before I did this a Strat sounded like it had some cheap and muddy hummie in it!
OK ...let me get to the point. I have mentioned countless times Mooer designs and manufactures many pedals. They will take those same pedals and paint them different and put anyone's logo on it. Nothing else is changed or dumbed down. The guts are ALL the same. BUT the re-branded pedals sell cheaper. Lately the cheapest is the Rowin one a close second is a Tomsline. The Canadian company Outlaw charges a premium for Mooer Re-brands. I have a Fender version but it has been discontinued. For the first couple of years of making their own US brand they sold both. A Donner version entered the did an exit too.   
CONCLUSION
There is no way this nice little $25 EQ will not come in handy if not know but in the future even if you just use it on those times you are not using your own gear.

Mooer Grapic G
Tomsline GT EQ

No comments:

Post a Comment