Thursday, January 21, 2021

CHORUS- NUX REISSUE SERIES Analog Chorus ...a classic 80's sound without the price.

 NUX REISSUE SERIES ANALOG CHORUS 
$60.00 USD

In 1976 thanks to Boss Ch1 which was also in their Jazz Chorus amp the Boss Chorus became the pedal to covet. Boss brought out the CH2 in '79 in what is now what we generally think of the size and enclosure of any Boss pedal. It was followed by the CH3 with 3 controls that became the standard for all Chorus pedals. I find that the NUX tone is very close to the Boss pedals. At first I thought with the color they may have been heading towards more of a Ibanez sound. But since I have one. lol I can count that out.
The layout is simple enough. The width being being the depth of the effect, speed speaks for it self and the blend allows how much clean signal is predominant in the mix.
CONCLUSION
I still have the old NUX CH3 that was in the the first ever NUX line on day one and after many successive new Chorus pedals that came and went over the decade. It was only 
quietly discontinued last year. In fact it was my number 
one recommendation for a Chorus as it held it's own over 
anything and was only $35.00 USD and built like a tank. 
In fact I had one ..went digital ...sold the digital and 
bought the damn thing a second time.
OK ...that said I do like this pedal it is not quite as fat 
as  the old CH3 but it has a bit of the sweet dream like 
quality of the boss. I think it is just a tad cleaner too.
The last video gives you a chance to hear probably NUX's only
real classic of their own having lasted a decade against what 
will indeed replace it.
One great thing about the pedal that as an 'impression' of a classic
the only Chorus that I have heard that is better is the Jam WaterFall
that is $270.00 USD. All others are at best a tie and they are usually
twice the price of the NUX if not more.







2 comments:

  1. Hi Paul - do you reckon the NUX analog chorus reissue is the same as the Twinote BDD chorus in yellow enclosure. I have read opinions that both are CH3 clones.

    NUX also have an AD3 analog delay chorus in white box.

    Knobs and layout are same for a 3 pedals.

    I have the Twinote BDD and I think it sounds great.

    Cheers Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget that bit about the AD3... I don't know what I was thinking... not a chorus...

    ReplyDelete