Friday, February 3, 2023

COMPRESSOR- LPD PEDALS- CLE-304 Comp/EQ/Boost ___ NEW ___ pixie dust magic

LPD PEDALS CLE-304 COMPRESSOR

$250.00 USD
I bought Lawrence Petross's fist pedal when it was his only pedal. The
LPD Sixty 8. His take on the first Plexi. I was blown out of the water not by its larger than life sound but by the rich harmonic detail. Youtuber Phil McKnight said it best. He said  the pedal sounded like the amplifier he was always looking for. Everything that Lawrence does makes I swear is sprinkled with 'pixie dust' :-)
This compressor is an optical compressor. 
I fell into that the 'transparency trap' that many of us do. My first few comps were more and more so-called clean. They all sounded thin, antiseptic and even metallic. I heard Adrian Belew boast about his Pigtronix Philosophers' Tone optical comp that has been on his board for some twenty years as an always on pedal. Yes I did, I got one. Transparency is a myth. If you plug in a pedal something different comes out the other end. It can be great or crap but never the same. That is not transparency.
My rig is 3 boards tied into one. Each board has a Comp and an EQ at the front of the chain. It happened slowly through necessity so this pedal makes perfect sense.
The EQ is simple but effective without any smearing that causes mud. The Comp has level, comp and blend. it is fixed at the sweet spot just like the original old school 60's studio Comps. You also get a nice clean boost to hit your amps front end or problem solve.
You can run it straight thru or use it's two loops to isolate any pedals to problem solve.
CONCLUSION
Problems solved. easy to use and like all LPD the sound is dead nailed.




1 comment:

  1. What do you think about the MXR Studio comp?

    ReplyDelete