Wednesday, December 23, 2020

__________STOMP BOX STEALS IS 5 YEARS OLD__________CELEBRATION SALE!!!

 I STILL DO NOT KNOW WHAT I WANT TO BE WHEN I GROW UP ??? 


This is Slats

Years ago on a pre smartphone
I could enlarge pics then re-enlarge
them so the pixels could be moved
individually or in small chunks and I
could paste them together
and make a cartoon. it took
literally about 48 hours to make Slats.
One day I leaned over to flush a toilet
and my phone flew out of my pocket 
about 50 + cartoons said
goodbye :-)
Only Slats survived
he is the SBS mascot

Pixel Paul got metaphorically flushed too!


Five years ago I had done a lot of personal research with a very tight budget to find some cool pedals to go with my Traynor JCM 800 wannabe amp and my LP and Strat. I had been out of the loop for years and wanted to form a Power Trio. I had been busy into keyboard synths and had been so since the late '70s on & off. I even taught others how to program the classic synths. I had decided to get back into the guitar. I found the direct from China clones and systemically separate the few pro sounding units from the junk.
It was at this time I had time off from my former day job and thought I would share what I found out. I expected a few of you guys would really appreciate getting a $30 pedal with a $200 sound.
I expected to finish up after a few weeks and then move on.
BIG BUT! The damn thing went viral!!!

W.T. F. !!!
I know have 70 pedals I can not part with 50 others for sale and there is about another 50 I have sold. I buy direct when possible ...from the guy that made the pedal ..but I just looked there are 48 pedals I bought straight from Reverb. I also added 11 guitars to the 2 I had:-)
I also have gone from the JCM 800 thing to a Plexi.

WHAT'S NEXT ?
A: I lost my day job permanently. C19 was the death knell. 
I am 73 & no one hires old guys. Period!
B: My camera just arrived after an 8  month wait!!!
C: I have over 1500 reviews.
There are now 399,206 of you guys!
SOOO... regular visitors know if I think a pedal is killer I buy one. 
Then once I have it I go back and do a HANDS ON commentary.
D: Sooo if the commentary is actually
my own YouTube video then PERFECT!!!
E: When you click it on just subscribe 
& give me a thumbs up and I will indirectly 
be able to extort a few bucks.
In the future if I make some decent money
from my Youtube. I will of course deny it :-)
I can rationalize greed as as good as the best :-) 
F: Readers know me! I will not change if something is bullsh@t about the pedal I will say so. Yes explicit deletes and all!!! 
Yes I am an S.O.B!
G. If in the future there is not a new review for more than a couple of days. Send flowers :-) 
Do not feel bad. I believe in reincarnation. 
I will come back as a mound of dust
in a wooden box buried in a park full of carved 
stones where people discreetly come and let 
their dogs crap without having to bag it.
On second thought ...a cremation is looking good.

If on Xmas morning you find a box of crayons and a coloring
book in your stocking with pictures like this to color.
Then do not expect a new Strat or Les Paul under the tree :-)

SALE SAIL SALE SALE !!!
Fabio at TechnTone (London UK) has a 20% off sale 
on all his pedals including the killer of killer the
Turno Nonna v.2
Out of 25 OD's I use it is my #1.
If I ever had a fire if need be I would send in a Fireman 
to rescue my poor Nonna!!!!

It gets even better!
To celebrate the 5th year of SBS
You guys can key in SBS21HOL5 
and get another 5% discount!
Oh my god!!!
It's true! It's true!
Guys that cleaned up on the last sale will have a chance to scoop another. Be sure to give your guitar playing buddies a heads up.
New guys can check out all the Posts on the pedals.
OR ...just google TechnTone and enjoy a well laid out site.

3 comments:

  1. You have a Youtube channel? Share a link!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have it up under another name with no content on it so I can do testing without pedal guys seeing a lot confusing junk. I only have the camera...I will need editing software too. I also have a bit of a learning curve. I aiming at Feb.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!!!
    Thanks for your work.

    ReplyDelete