Sunday, September 3, 2017

OVERDRIVE-NU-X Brownie Distortion.... Nux & great delays yes ...but OD's? ... BIG BIG SURPRISE! VERY!


 NU-X BROWNIE Distortion  


$50.00 USD
KILLER PEDAL!
The mini pedal is a totally new line for NU-X.
This effort is a take on an 'Eddie Pedal'. So how did they do?
.
Let me put it this way. The pedal is just $50.00 US
If it was $150.00 USD it would still be a great deal!!!

Definitely head and shoulders over any Mooer efforts!!!

The pedal uses a couple of good FET transistors but also uses what the State of the Art boys consider a big nasty cheat...
....an Op Amp.
Yes ...but this gives the pedal a gutsy growl. It sounds a lot like a 'Marshall '63 JTM45.
I like it!
In fact I have all the state of the art jobbies but to me this is
the perfect choice of a middle ground when a Fuzz is just a bit
too much and my 'beauties' are just not nasty and enough.  LOL

Yes it is adolescent and totally vulgar ...but when it comes to adolescent & vulgar  ...it is the BEST!



One last thing. Eddie it ain't!!
For a better shot at that it's the mini pedal by
 ...Xvive the
Thomas Blug Golden Brownie

Another last thing ...although the voice is definitely rougher it sounds like the C-Matt Brownie
but the C-Matt is really another take on the M.I. Crunch Box.
In short it is again still another Crunch Box ...but at the price who cares? LOL



CONCLUSION

Well it only took a week and now I have mine. The first thing you note is it's finish. It has a 3 stage finish with mica sparkles in the clear coat. Nice ...also not cheap.
So NUX are trying hard to move up market. The sound in the vid does not push the highs nor is it at unity gain ...it is boosted a bit of  by cranking the level.
In short it has highs and mids that are very much like the M.I. Crunch Box but the lows are very near Fuzz like. I think I will put it in my Fuzz loop if I can find a spot. It will be perfect for tunes when a Fuzz is just a tiny bit overkill, You could back off the gain and use it as a boost because the volume/level knob can dial up a lot of db.
So I think NUX did a good job of giving us something just a bit different yet musical and useful.
With that in mind you do get a fatter and richer sound from the pricer pedals.
Still I think it is definitely a pro pedal. I am pleased with it.

IT IS DEFINITELY AN SBS BARGAIN. 
TWICE THE PEDAL FOR HALF THE PRICE!



2 comments:

  1. Have you tried the Nux Morning star and Nux Golden Horse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're from the sama new line for NU-X.

    ReplyDelete