Thursday, October 26, 2023

LOOPER- NUX Loop Core Stereo ____ NEW ____ best value for $ ...do it all

NU>X 
LOOP  CORE STEREO 
LOOPER
$120.00 USD
Like all Loopers you can just lay a simple riff to jam to but even that is better with 
drums. Drums are not just cool because it is more fun but because they improve your timing without feeling intimidated.
 
Metronomes are intimidating they remind you that they are the unforgiving teacher, lol.
I have both a looper and a Drum Machine. They do not sync. I use my looper 
more for trouble shooting signals not getting thru. My band is just a 3 piece and 
I am the singer songwriter and lead player all in one. I use the drum machine to practice and to work with my Bass player and get a the bass parts nailed down 
and the tune down to performable level so not to waste the Drummers time by bringing him over needlessly. It also means we can work at quiet levels and not disturb the neighbor's. I would love to add in a rhythm guitar track in just a few tunes where I solo and bass line is perfect for the tune but does not fill out the sound enough. 
I would rather drop a solo if the looper failed so more than that is not going to 
ever happen.
The layout is a knob and a switch, lol. The only thing you need to know is you have USB, MIDI out 
(with a cable incl.) and 2 inputs and outputs for stereo or assigned mono like sending tracks to a different amp. There were no volunteers to read a manual today so I will not write one but let the videos tell the story.
CONCLUSION ____
The 40 Drum grooves are basic but are totally usable and enough to cover an average tune in pretty much any Pop or Rock idiom. With my present  Drum Machine I literally only use two groves. In this way a real drummer if a modest player can play them and a Neil Peart can do their thing not having to learn some other Neil's Drum-Mac' parts.
The sound quality is as good as the very best of the competition. The features leave nothing out. Programming is relatively intuitive and covers 99% of any demands.
the fine print
Nearly all Rock groves have a kick drum landing on the ...one and a snare hitting the ...three so when repeated you hear 
kick snare, kick snare    ....repeat, repeat etc.
In fact that is the most basic groove just on its own without more kick or snare added. The second most used and 
maybe the most used of any grove is identical but the second kick is added .... you would then hear
kick snare kick-kick snare, kick snare kick-kick snare ,  ...repeat, repeat etc. 
 
By only having these two ...one or the other will give you a very good basic grove on nearly any tune . 
The first is a go to for fast tempos, or when you play half time but want energy to the grove. 
The second for slow to medium and bordering into to faster tempo's.

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you use DIY pedals? Or Can share XP with this type of gear. thx in advance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Brian, I do have the Dazatronyx Brown Sound which for over 10 years you could buy as a kit, the BSIAB2. I however do not make kits. I put in 4 to 6 hours on this site and 4 to 6 hours rehearsing, writing and tunes and studying theory. Add to that a year ago I decided to be the vocalist in my band so I am really busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any feedback about the Dazatronyx optical tremolo?

      Delete