Friday, April 15, 2022

OVERDRIVE- J ROCKETT El Hombre ___NEW___ Easter release 2022

J ROCKETT EL HOMBRE 
$200.00 USD
The company makes a lot of pedals that are well made and prototypes are always handed out to a few very busy Nashville players. This makes everyone very serviceable in one way but dumbed down in another. In Nashville the guys that are kept working can always find a different take on the obvious but they are not hired to stand out. The standing out is saved for the vocalist only. Bill Finnegan worked with them on making a replacement for his Klon and they ignored everything he wanted. When you need a Klon on a Nashville session the damn J Rocket fits like a glove. So I am very skeptical as to what anything new will be. I bought their analog delay because I needed a 'Godilox" one ..not to hot not cold but to extent virtually bland and only noticeable if I turn it off, lol.
The layout is volume, gain and 'bite' that pushes the highs but slightly rejoices the pedal without messing with its excellent fixed EQ. The pedal was designed to capture Billy Gibbons tone on his early recordings which often a cranked Fender combo with a Rat pedal or anything that had that vibe.
CONCLUSION
I have a particular interest since I have a Bill G. PU in my Lace Cybercaster. When I say the PU is a B.G. I mean it literally I was not the first owner.  Lets just say certain people on the planet are saints in spite of such heavy proof to the contrary.
What I hear is lot of definition with a near germanium type vibe framing the sound even when the gain is low. What do not hear is any non musical hash. Best of all it does not eat and swallow the chime and bell like tone on a Strat. I use a Strat sound but not often but when I do I am more anal than a guy who only owns a vintage Strat!!!
WTF ...I am too poor not to think this one over :-(

the fine print
On those old recordings Billy uses a Bixonic Expandora
Decibelics Pedals makes the Reverend a killer clone 
using the original parts. Check out the Blog on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment