Saturday, April 30, 2022

FUZZ- STACKS FX Acid Cat Fuzz/Distortion ...hybrid that got it right

STACK FX ACID CAT FUZZ/DISTORTION 

$160.00 USD
I have several Fuzz pedals that I never use on their own. I love that crazy spit, sputter and splat of a really high gain Fuzz. I only play my own tunes, and for me, the tune comes well before the pedal. I can not have a pedal that I have to rewrite the tune to fit the pedal. I solve this by stacking the fuzz on an OD. The OD will tighten the sound and the notes and chords will come thru even when the Fuzz wants thin out or drop out for a moment here and there will poke through where without the OD you have a dog's breakfast LOL.
One thing I like straight off is basic voicing between the the extremes of a high gain OD and a Fuzz is fixed. You can easily go to extremes between a hard clipper to a Doom Fuzz and all in between with simple switches set to meaningful and above all useable voicings.
The layout has the obvious volume control. An input gain control allows both boost or indeep can be a trimmer. A switch gives you 3 levels of bass from normal to stupid, lol. Another is a low pass filter to cut highs for a total massive Doom like sound.
CONCLUSION
The damn thing sounds great. 'In short it just works' Others would have turned it into 2 pedals in one. Big but. You would have got 2 mediocre pedals instead of one killer pedal.

No comments:

Post a Comment