Sunday, October 20, 2019

OVERDRIVE- GrEEN CARROT PEDALS Comfortably Plum ...Gilmour in a box!

 GREEN CARROT COMFORTABLY PLUM 


$260.00
An odd but fun company that produces some odd boxes
Odd yes but they seem to pull off some delightful noises from them.
In this case they went for Dave Gilmours sound when he used a Ram's head Muff and sweetened it up with a Coloursound Powerbooster'. They added the much needed volume control as have many others who have updated the pedal. With a collection of NOS for the key parts and new high end where the sound is not affected but the noise floor is. They have come out with a pedal many will want and I expect a few Floyd fans will go nuts over.



CONCLUSION
Well there are 10 zillion Dave Gilmour fans. I was never one. LOL 
Well not until a couple of years ago ...oops!
Oddly enough it was Comfortably Numb that blew me away. I was knocked over by the  'less is more' playing. A question of quality over quantity.
I must confess to steering for sounds in this direction whenever I have written a melodic 'theme' type intro or bridge for a tune. It is unusually hard to get a tone like this right. It either is too bright or if mellowed out gets muddy and then the just right amount of sustain is damn hard to nail. Every era of Floyd introduces new pedals the Floyd sound with reissues a plenty to capture them. 
It is all a bit frustrating. I think many like me will love this box as it ties it all into a bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment