Friday, October 25, 2019

OVERDRIVE- CAGE Pneuma Drive ...another Tube Screamer ???

$125.00 USD
CAGE PNEUMA DRIVE
Cage or Countdown Audio Guitar Effects. A small company that boast about both high quality parts but even those are tested to a consistency of tone.
At present this is 'IT'. There are no other pedals on their site.
There is also no info on the OD. Zip.
To my ears it sounds like a Tube Screamer. 
I think this company is trying to show all entrepreneurs of a pedal company how Not to do it!

CONCLUSION
This is not the first or the last independent pedal maker with an amateur approach to marketing and selling their pedals. It is even forgivable and sometimes a bit of goofy fun. BUT with the others they had a killer pedal or two. A Tube Screamer pedal is hardly the thing to take your breath away. There are literally at least a thousand ts wannabe's out there. The 68 Pedals King Of Clone has two pedals in it. One is based on a Tube Screamer and it can eat this thing alive!!! The other half is a killer take on a Marshall Blues Breaker pedal. It is even cheaper then this pedal!!!
So I ask you w.t.f. is going on in the mind of the CAGE guys!!!!
In short Cage are a FARCE!!! and the pedal is a joke!!!

NOTE: Apologies for calling it a ts according to Countdown Audio.
my thanks to Countdown for the heads up. i like being corrected I always learn more.
Yes Cage doesn't even us an Opamp.

Sorry but I am still unimpressed. I find a good ol' DOD Overdrive Preamp/250
does a similar thing but the pedal has a lot of character and you
can go to the DOD sight and buy it for $45.00 USD.
Later if you find something special you will probably sell it quick
and even get near $45 for it.

Well these guys are new so I think it fair to at least point out
their site is laid out nice. I am sure we will get some other pedals.
the look of the pedals isn't flash but they look Pro.
More important you can see by the interior of the pedal the work is of 
decent quality.
So I will keep on top of anything new and we can all have a look.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Paul, Thanks for your insight and perspective! The Pneuma Drive is not a tubescreamer derivative. If you took a minute to look a little deeper, the pedal doesn't use an Opamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up.A pedal is both tech and art. Getting knocked for the art hurts. I am sorry for that.
    You can see hit on the positive with my added notations.
    There are 261,488 of us here.R.J. likes it and so do many others that read my review.
    you can see I noted some of the upside of your site and craftsmanship.We all love pedals here and want you to make more! So I will keep a watch on your site for your next one.

    ReplyDelete