Tuesday, March 1, 2022

VOLUME PEDAL ...Whats the Best???

HOW TO CHOOSE ???

There are endless and often unique ways of use a volume pedal and I am only going to touch on the basic. Simply a hands free way of quickly changing how loud you are playing.
I have bought and sold many. I still own a very heavy chrome plated one made by Fender in the 60's built for a Steel guitar player I found decades ago in a thrift store. I have a more current standard full size Morley as well. 
But the only one that works for me is an antique Schaller introduced in the 50's. Yes about 70 years ago.
So what's the big deal??? Simple you need to have a volume pedal that can sweep from zero to full on yet be able to stop anywhere on it's travel to where you want to leave it. Some pedals have huge sweeping range which make you not just bend your foot with your heel left in place but making you use your whole f.ing leg. Some make you push your toes forward at the top of the sweep to get full volume. Some are too small or too large forcing you to find a sweet spot to use them. Some just feel plain clunky.
Last but not least some can too easily slide around or even tip over.
CONCLUSION
The Best volume pedal is the one you actually tried and it did what works for you. I can only tell you what works for with what my genes supplied me to work with. If you are athletic maybe any thing will work. If not??? Read my tips again


STUFF YOU CAN DO WITH A VOLUME PEDAL

the fine print
What about considering fitting it on your board??? Well the obvious is it may not have a good feel. What isn't obvious is that you that your foot does not come straight out at the end of your leg. It slants on an angle but putting it on an angle on your board takes a stupid amount of space. Also many boards will lift it off the floor and you will have to step up to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment