Wednesday, October 13, 2021

OVERDRIVE- ...several ...UNDER $50 ...and totally Pro!!!!

   POOR MANS  PRO    
Many know I have 72 pedals on my board and 35 are OD's. I also sold well over 100 pedals in just over a year. There were expensive OD's in those sales. My point is the OD's here are as good as the others on my board. 

$35.00 USD
FULLTONE OCD (MOOGOO)
Who hasn't heard of the worlds biggest selling MIAB Overdrive? Well the good news is this is what it appears to be, an OCD. BUT! It is counterfeit. Both cloned inside and out. Moogoo make Mosky and also Demon FX which is borderline counterfeit, but they also still do a few genuine fakes. You can buy one on AliExpress, $35 & Free shipping :-)



$50.00 USD
NUX PLEXI CRUNCH
Some feel this is a Ramble FX Rumble Drive. If so they sound different. Oddly enough the Nux controls are so flexible and you can dial at least 3 very different sounds. 
Marshall sounds tend to be dark, not bright but with the Nux you can get it brighter than you are likely to use. It is killer with a Tele.

$40.00 USD
NUX METAL CORE v.1
In this case they stole the name but not the pedal. 
These have been technically replaced by the the new V.2. The new one is a Boss clone. The original is an excellent MESA Dual Rectifier pedal. So good I sold my Boss Metal Core, lol.


CALINE MELLOW DRIVE
This is very,very good clone of the Vertex Ultraphonix which
$40.00 USD

when introduced did a video 'Amp vs Pedal' with a Dumble Amp. Yes ...same, same, same! Other Dumble pedals are not even close! Well ...exception being the Caline, lol.





THE FINE PRINT
I own all these pedals and use them equal to my brand name acquisitions of which are in the $200 to $300 range.The Plexi Crunch is to die for on a Tele bridge PU. The OCD is a real OCD. I do not need a MESA Dual Rectifier a lot but when I do it its for frantic temp things with a 'chug' thing.Tone matters but fat and tight together is critical and the Metal Core delivers. I am a Metal guy so on the whole Dumble pedals are for Blues and Americana. But there are spots in a tune especially with a semi they fit perfectly. The Mellow is a nobrainer choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment