Monday, October 4, 2021

OVERDRIVE- RAMBLE FX Marvel Drive 3... classic MIAB get's an update

 RAMBLE FX MARVEL DRIVE 
$180.00 USD
About 8 years ago this was a little miracle box. One of the first MIAB
pedals and it was the must have OD for years. NUX produced one of the first clones not long after. The NUX has been reissued.The NUX sounds different but one reviert who owned the Ramble felt it was as good.
I have NUX myself and it really is damn good pedal. Needless to say a bargain.
The layout is unusual with High Treble, Normal, Master & Presence. Although it runs on 9v you can hit a that an internal circuit boosts it to 18v. You even get a choice of colors.
CONCLUSION
It is still a contender. Very much a JTM45 vibe. Keep in mind that when you hear a guy on record that has killer sustain etc.that uses a Marshall it does not matter if the record is late 60's or yesterday the guy is boosting it. In the early days it was always a Fuzz but it changed when the Tube Screamer came out. I use a ts myself even on JCM 800 pedals.



MORE RAMBLING
RAMBLE FX also do the Kismet OD. It takes the basic idea of the Marvel but gives you active EQ and boost that takes the marshall vibe into gourmet Amp territory. or if you wish something in the medium gain OD territory. Although it is ALL analog it has 4 memory patches to store your faves and MIDI if you wish to store more.
It is a very,very impressive pedal. It would be worth the $250.00 price even if it did not have the memory thing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Paul, What happen with Gristle King's post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My site is courtesy of Google. Often you will see misspelling and phrases that do not make sense that I edited out and corrected before posting and when I look a day later the rough draft has been published over top of it.Occasionally they make updates and when they do it scrambles old Posts and even deletes them. I just checked the Post in question is very old so it became a fatality. Google do not give a F. they never even answer my mail to them. I either live with it or start over with different company. With 1800 posts so WTF ...I just live with it even though to many readers I look like I made some Post look like I was in the bag.

    ReplyDelete