Wednesday, July 21, 2021

AMPLIFIER- BLACKSTAR CORE: ID 40 ...the hard to believe it exists amp???

 BLACKSTAR CORE 40 

First this is NOT a review. This is a heads up of just how far this tech has come in just a few years. 
The amp has a clean and a dirty channel with a Marshall amp voice. It come with all the modulation sounds, a digital delay and digital reverb. It is a stereo amp. It is small but it's a full 40 watts enough for a gigging player.
It even has a pro vibe to the look.
Yes you could get such an amp several years ago.
BIG,BIG BUT!!!  

CONCLUSION
WTF !!! ....$200.00 USD
I bought a used Ibanez with P90's that can rip 
walls down for $280.00 USD. It needed a
2 minute neck adjustment and nothing else
The neck is dead flat, the frets are perfect 
even the paint looks new. I am sure the tuners & 
hardware are Gotoh. It is still killer three 
years later. In fact it is a life time keeper!
Sometimes you get lucky. But this amp
is new ...no luck required.
If needed I could gig with this guitar & amp setup! 
I could sell the amp for half price in a year 
and it would be cheaper than renting. 
So I say again... WTF !!! 

BUT
I don't have to. I have my Marshall & also have my old 1983 
Peavey Bandit 65. But all my life I have been up and I have 
been flat broke with just a guitar and suitcase. It is nice to know 
all the places where they keep the parachutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment