Saturday, September 1, 2018

NUX B-2 Wireless Guitar System ...scary good and cheap too!!!!

NUX B-2 WIRELESS GUITAR SYSTEM

I am going to skip the tech.
Except to it has a 32bit sampling rate at 48 khz it exceeds the range of your cord big time.
The delay time is 5 micro seconds ...in short zip!
This meets the spec of anything out there at ANY price that is worth having.
It only has 2 limits over some of them.
You get only 5 channels to choose from.
You can not move from beyond 100 feet away from the receiver.

BOO HOO ...Who cares????

It comes in both black or white.
Because guys are scared off if a wireless sounds 'different' than their guitar chord the unit has been recently modded from what was full frequency response to a 10 ft. cable 'sound' all guitar cables suck up a few highs. Yes even the high end jobbies.
The one you will get should sound the same as your cable.
Just check the second video. Pete Thorn had a unit before the change.

Xvive egg???
Xvibe have had one out for over a year. Similar spec. but more money. $150.00 USD
The worst thing about theirs is the casing looks like an "egg" hanging out of your guitar. What moron came up with that??? All the pro ones are a small rectangle.
You can compare the 2 because the video follows on after the 2nd demo. I listened to it many times. The Nux and the cable sound the same. The Xvive has a false low end.

The pro wireless all have a fixed chord that goes into your guitar and you clip the transmitter to your guitar strap or belt.
Not much of an issue you could make one using a female to female quarter inch adapter and a pedal patch cord.





Just connect the  adapter to the transmitter and the patch cord.
velcro the transmitter to your guitar strap
then plug the patch into your guitar, Done!
The comparison video reviewer feels both could fall out of
the guitar. I feel if done right my adapter would fix that problem.



You can get one on AliExpress free shipping to your door for $130.00 USD
Some stores on Ali are throwing in freebees. I am getting the Nux CH-3 thrown in with mine.
Check the recent Post ... on the Nux CH-3.
The deal is still on!!! and it is a damn good deal as the pedal is worth buying even if you do not buy the wireless!!!

Tues.Sept.11/18
My what a surprise...the CH-3 arrived in record time !!!!
I assume it will need an initial charge so seconds ago I plugged it into my PC.
I will use it at rehearsal this weekend and then give you a heads up on how it performs.

Sat.Sept.15/18
Well since I am the only one using a wireless I did not need to choose a channel.
So I had left it charge overnite, I simply plugged it in and played.
The sound. Well it seem to change it just slightly. Everything sounded just a tiny bit clearer and cleaner. The highs ...mids and lows were all the same.
It is like having a slightly dirty glass window that you look thru and are totally unaware it  even exists ...but then you clean it and you notice the improvement.
The only problem I had is I could not get used to not moving around things without allowing for my cable ...in this case my non existent cable. LOL
A killer product for the money!!!!

Sun.Sept.23/18
So a week later and no issues. I have not timed how long the batteries charge lasts but
leaving it on over 3 hours it was still working fine. Spoiled ....I am already taking it for granted.  It is great being able to walk about freely ...which is especially handy at rehearsals.

No comments:

Post a Comment