Monday, October 7, 2024

OVERDRIVE-RODENBERG Custom Amplification BL 800... killer MIAB

RODENBERG
CUSTOM AMPLIFICATION
BL 800 LEAD SERIES
$270.00 USD
This German company has been going for 30 years making amps and pedals and has been under the radar because they have been able to 
sell all they make. If a store wants to sell them they have to ask,lol.
They claim the pedal is a clone of a JCM 800 and it literally follows 
the amps circuit replacing tubes with FETS. 
PedalPalFX does the same thing and I have had 3 editions of it. The first like this is more the raw amp. 
The v.4 has the 2 different & famous California mods you can switch choose from. I have booth and 
use them together as a clean to dirty channel. The v.4 is __seriously under-priced__ at $200.00 USD!!!
I digress, what about the BL?
Well like the amp you get, Bass, mids, Treble, and both a Pre and Master Volume. The Boost is useful but not part of the JCM800 sound.
    CONCLUSION ___
I find the Rodenberg similar but has more of a glassy brightness. I really like how well it keeps the Strat chime in tact. I would love to have this too but I already have 6 MIAB pedals on 
my board. The look has been used by all but it is still dead cool.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment