Friday, June 3, 2022

OVERDRIVE- JET PEDALS Lamb OD ...another Bluesbreaker clone :-)

JET PEDALS LAMB OVERDRIVE 
$330.00 USD
Bluesbreaker clones have replaced the Klon as the 'go to' low gain drive ever since the King of Tone became a 'thing'. This is Jet pedals take on one.
The layout starts with the basic BB controls of gain, level and tone but throws in a mid boost. It's special feature is although it is an all analog circuit it has a  digital circuit used for memory so you can store 100 patches via MIDI. It also uses an 18v charge pump so you can run it 
on a normal 9v power but get headroom.
CONCLUSION
Although being able save 2 or 3 settings is bonus I can not but think it's overkill. It has to add a lot to the bulk of the pedal and the price. These days everyone wants more pedals but on a small board. Others even if they use a board live swap out pedals for a change of sound. All analog pedals have only one or at the most two sweet spots. I would rather buy 2 $200 pedals than one $330 one and have 2 very distinctly different sounds.
That said it has a damn nice clean sound. I can't fault it. I am happy with my Browne Amplification Carbon which is very similar sounding but in a standard size Hammond type B box. Putting aside all my lint picks I still would not blame you for scooping up one of these as it does sound excellent.


No comments:

Post a Comment