Friday, June 24, 2022

DELAY- TC ELECTRONIC Bucket Brigade ... long delay times and modulation, but ?

TC ELECTRONIC BUCKET BRIGADE ANALOG DELAY 
$70.00 USD
Another delay in TC's new budget range that really does shoot for Pro quality. With Analog delays ever since Panasonic re-released their defunct but killer BBD chips there is no reason a great Analog Delay can not be made for a reasonable buck. The layout is the basic depth, volume, delay and feedback. A switch lets you add a chorus effect. They have doubled the delay time from the classic 300ms to 600ms. It all sounds good but the sound on such long delay times can sound a bit too dirty and I have never found I need that as I use delay as an ambience not a special effect. The modulation is not a pitch type where a little can give the sound a Tape Echo vibe. On the surface I found that disappointing. It is a chorus. Once again too much makes the sound compete with the guitar. It is is like the tail wagging the dog.
CONCLUSION
I must say I am surprised. No 'buts' I am damn impressed. It is warm full and the chorus adds a very pleasant vibe that works very well and doesn't fall into that 'Star Wars' overkill which I hate. It is half the price of the world's most popular the MXR Carbon Copy and at minimum is as good.

the fine print
Zero wrong with the TC as  a choice especially if you don't have any delays. 
On the other hand the 300ms no bells and whistles $60.00 USD 
NUX Analog Chorus in their Reissue Series nails the classic Ibanez AD80 
with a perfect duplication of the sound. 

No comments:

Post a Comment