Monday, January 3, 2022

OVERDRIVE- WAMPLER Pantheon DLX ...a King of Tone ...Brian does not deny it :-)

WAMPLER PANTHEON DLX 

$270.00 USD
The Pantheon is not new it has been out for 3 years. It got a lot of flack
when it came out for being a King Of Tone. Now it is ...or is it. Is it's own thing? Or ...not.
The KOT for all its hype can easily get muddy through an amp like a Marshall with a lot of mids.
The KOT is virtually two Marshall Bluesbreaker pedals in one box. Yes heavily modded. I have a Chicago Stompworks Blooze Maker which I much prefer especially thru my Marshall. Except for fixing the original problem of not quite enough level and enough highs they did not F. with it. I love it. It gives my Marshall just enough Fender vibe to put the Fender chime back into my amp.
A bit of history is of note. The Marshall Bluesbreaker pedal was their take on a JTM 45 amp. A JTM 45 amp is a take on the Fender Bassman amp.
So my use of getting a Fender sound by running it into my Marshall is not so crazy. 
CONCLUSION 
The Bluesbreaker sound is great sound. In my mind the basic tone is not broken and outside of a few highs and a bit more level it does not need all this endless surgery to fix it. In short I will stick with my Chicago Stomp Works which I might add is only $80.00 USD ...yes you read that right. Not only that, it has a lifetime warranty.
But back to the Wampler. What most guys want is a comparison of the KOT to the Wampler ...so behold ...

The Fine Print
I got to hand it to Brian. With 9 knobs and 2 switches that 
actually do something you do get value for money. I really 
thought we would get a lot of business as usual. We have 
to thank The Chinese for that. They have up their game.
Joyo are using German, Japanese  and American parts in
their newer pedals for 2 years now and some are making
serious versions of even the clones. I say clones but this 
Wampler is a KOT clone. Or is it? Or are even the 
Chinese making clones anymore.

HEADS UP
The bottom line is that it is another pedal from a 
near endless stream of Marshall Bluesbreaker clones.
In spite of all of them boasting they have reinvented 
the wheel it may be good idea to hear a clone that 
left the wheel alone but merely upgraded it's parts. 
Check out the Post __ Browne Amplification Carbon
It's a pedal that did not fix anything that
wasn't broken in the original.

2 comments:

  1. I think Brian missed the boar here. If he would have put the Deluxe Tumnus and the Pantheon together it would have been killer. It also could have been cheaper had he left out the midi nonsense. End of the day I doubt anyone is going to replace their KoT for this.

    Smart people who follow you Paul will spend $85 on the DemonFx King of Drive or Dualgun and be perfectly happy.

    ReplyDelete