Friday, November 11, 2022

REVERB/DELAY- HARLEY BENTON Sugar & Spice ....entry Pro for $100

HARLEY BENTON|
SUGAR & SPICE REVERB/DELAY 
Mooer has done very well by cloning favorite pedals and giving them just enough spec that they can sit on the first rung of the pro ladder. A few really are impressive and others need more than spec if something that screams "Serious Pro" is bit more but in reach of all but the impatient.
Yes ...Mooer makes the Harley Benton and this line of 'Double Pedals' is simply two of their mini pedals put in one box.
CONCLUSION
Regular readers know I in general hate double pedals. I find inevitably one I love one side but the other side is not as good as another makers take on that sound.
When it come to Delay and Reverb I would much prefer one killer sound than several second best. I have a $100 JHS Serie 3 Hall Reverb. Just one sound but one that if it was just one from a Strymon no one would complain.
Delay is indeed 'echo' so it matters not my choice is analog and not digital. 
I have the NUX Analog Delay. $60 and it sits many rungs up that Pro ladder. 
Both are keepers. Yes there are many it's equal but they are 3 or 4 times more. 
It's a squeaker, I had a few Flamma Verbs and Delays and they got me by. 
They has a nice polished pro sound but they sounded thin and lacked any character.
  



4 comments:

  1. DEFECTS FX FUZZ FIGHT looks (and sounds?) like a clone of the the Death by Audio Fuzz War

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just checked out the 'Death' It is much much heavier. the 'FIGHT' even sounds more Muff like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oddly enough a friend of Tomas at Defects who by day is a faceplate designer creates and applies the graphics.

    ReplyDelete