Monday, November 21, 2022

AMT ELECTRONICS Legend Amps O2 ...vintage Orange-in-a-Box ....Monster!!!

AMT ELECTRONICS|LEGEND AMPS O2 
$140.00 USD
All the AMT classic-Amp-in-Box are designed from the real amps to accurately nail the sound. This is not based from current Orange Amps that have their own thing with a near Fuzz pedal vibe. This one is from the era where guys were switching from Marshall to HiWatt if they wanted to a cleaner transparent vibe or to Orange if blowing patrons out of their chairs and tearing their face off was not enough but they wanted the wall behind those chairs to come down too, LOL.
I will go direct to the layout as there is a lot to this pedal. I will start with the 3 outputs first because they explain a lot. The top one is your standard out to the front of your amp.The one under can be used to go to the input of your amps effect loop return if you want eliminate the preamp in your amp and use the pedal to be your only pre virtually turning your actual amp into an Orange amp. The 3rd out goes to a analog type of ir or speaker simulator you can use to record direct or to send to the sound system instead of having a mic on your speaker. What is really cool is you run all 3 at the same time :-) You have a standard volume control that needs no explanation but you also have the CL level to match the bottom lower 2 outputs and a boost switch to add more output if you need to match those signals to where you choose to send them. It doubles as a biting boost. You of course have gain and a full EQ of treble, mid and bass.
OK ..if you are like me I just use 90% time normal on my board with the CL control and boost off. The pedal has more than enough level on it's volume control. But if you need extra bite and cut you will have all you can handle and a bit more. The coolest thing for me is the EQ. It is stupid good. You can get really really different sounds from the pedal. You can have a massive scoop sound, a super fat mid sound or even a mid sound with a really nice poke that you need a Tube Screamer to give you otherwise. Finally if you have a very dark amp you can use the CL boost to cut thru.
CONCLUSION
First you just have to have one OD with this much aggression!!! It not only can 
tear your face off but rip your nuts off at the same time, LOL!!!
There is lot on this pedal but the EQ is worth the price of admission. It allows 
me to sound great thru my Marshall but damned if it doesn't sound as good 
thru me cheesy and cheap practice amp. All it needs is a clean sound, from 
any amp to get a great sound. It's a nobrainer buy if you want
insurance that you won't be disappointed.
The best part is the damn price!!!! It's a total steal!!!! 
Anything not better but close will cost you another $100.00 USD 


the fine print
You can get this from Only Pedals. The every day prices on this site make every one's Black Friday prices look like Pink Sunday and I DO NOT exaggerate. 
Robert is your man there. Not only do you get a great price but you get better service than any store I have dealt with on the planet. Your pedal goes out right away. He does not gouge on your shipping either!
He is never to busy to help you if you have a problem. I had a big problem when I bought my first pedal there . It turned out to be a virus on my end but he straightened out the whole mess for me that I had with Master Card. Trust me Master totally tried to F. me over too. On a scale from 1 to 10 Robert gets a 15!!!   
One last thing, This pedal has been around 9 years and in Europe it 
sells out fast even after all that time. Thinking it over is not an option

3 comments:

  1. I've got the AMT S-Drive, it is perfect for playing Killing in the Name by Rage Against the Machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have the an R2-Drive that is meant to be a MESA dual/rec although it sounds more Marshall but a very good Marshall. The really big surprise is the mini P-Drive Peavey 5150. Not only great tone but it has total killer sustain and it is only $75.00 USD I use it a lot, sometimes with a Tonebender stacked on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you have a chance to try their S2 Soldano pedal? If so, what is your opinion?

    ReplyDelete