Sunday, June 13, 2021

OVERDRIVE- RATS RATS RATS all of them LOL

 RATS ONLY ...PLEASE 

No COMMENT?
I lied. 
I have a clone of the very first Rat the Big Box. Even the clone I have is now a collectors pedal because the right OpAmp is all but gone. I also have the current model the RAT II. Trust me the Rat II is all you need. Keep in mind that the guy (Swedish Pete) in the demo is not a guy that is in love with rip your face off pedals. Hence his obsession with noise floor and looking for a more open sound and more refinement etc. etc. 
If you listen carefully the real Rat has a bit more growl in the lows and small scoop in the mids. It just cuts thru a mix when you are using it in a band where most of the others can get l lost in the mix. Without adding more highs a wannabee Rat can get thin. That said they are all good dirt pedals though some are more tame.

No comments:

Post a Comment