Tuesday, June 1, 2021

____BEST OF JUNE 2021



 NEW STUFF 
                    
              
          



A/DA PDF & RETRO-SONIC INC. FLANGERS
In the 70's A/DA brought out the Flanger of all Flangers.  
Since then every bells and whistles gourmet Flanger has ripped it off. Five years ago they still kept the original but offered it in a  v.2 model keeping the sound but doing a couple of 'real' improvements and named it the PBF (pedal board friendly)
Even the new one received several awards.
But! I always wanted the the 1978 Electro Harmonix Flanger. Often referred to as the Andy Summers Flanger. 
Opposite of the A/DA as it is dirt simple with a couple of killer sounds. A flanger sound and Chorus like sound.
The short story is a couple of gourmet companies did a "wannbee' E-H that sold for gouging prices and were still not close enough. But then after I already had the A/DA ...Retro-Sonic brought out the perfect clone that  is so good it won several awards and got reviews from guys that STILL have an original but it stays at home and the Retro is on their boards. OK ...here's the point I thought sell the A/DA for the price of the Retro and if it goes I get one. In the real world this does not happen easily or quickly. 
I put it on Reverb yesterday and decided to forget about LOL
It is less than 24 hours ...the A/DA is sold
The Retro-Sonic is on order. :-)

TORTUGA EFFECTS DEATH ADDER
So I am heading out of my place and I open the door and pushed 
up against it is a large package. It had Russian written all over it. 
What else could it be but a pedal made in Idaho that I ordered from 
Russia 3 months ago :-)
The pedal is meant for Metal and came out designed over 
12 years ago & has a Mesa Dual Rectifier vibe to it.
I only have one tune that opening riffs that need 'more' !!!  
The closest thing I got to work is my Amptweaker Tight Metal. a 2150 sounding Eddy box. The tone is a hardened dick 
but it's balz are too small. lol The Adder is in mint shape & at $119.00 USD it is worth a shot
The Adder arrived. The most notable thing is it is fat. I have been
trying to find a sweet spot for where I wanted to use it but at low 
volume & not at band rehearsal I have no verdict.

CALINE CP 503 QUEEN BEE
This just arrived by UPS today.
This is Calines take on the old T-REX Mudhoney. 
It is a low to medium gain OD. It has an excellent very, very transparent low gain. I am not impressed by the high gain settings but I really wanted it for the low gain thing.
I seldom play a tune not using a lot of gain from Marshall pedals or a Fuzz but I can just as easily slip into a verse or chorus that I flat pick. If I flatpick dead clean it is does not blend with the dirt in that same tune. My solution is a selection of low to very low gain pedals. This is my second drive at an extra low gain. I like it's bright sound. My other is as clean but very mellow.

COLUMBO AUDIO ELECTRONICS PLEXI BREED
This sweet Plexi-in-a Box does 3 amps. The JTM45 then the 
first 50 watt Plexi the model 1987 and the King of all Plexi's
the model 1959. Yes the 100 watt Super Lead. It is not just
that it sounds great. The big deal is how scary accurate 
sounding these voices are to the actual amps!!!

My last count of pedals I am using daily is 80. I really got to
knock it back to 70 tops. I did pull 2 this week. But I have been
pulling 2 a month for a year but then getting more. lol
NOTE: None of my Posts this year has got more hits than
           this pedal!!! It has already had 10 times as many!!!
Mine was finally shipped and I got in early!!!

BOSS SD-1 SUPER OVERDRIVE
Endless vids are going around about the 40th Anniversary of this
pedal pushing one painted black for the occasion. The big deal when
it came out was it was the first tube amp sounding pedal. Back then
with only a pedal or two on the floor guys would dime the gain 
and the level. 
Some of the new vids showed what it can also do with lower drive and a 'unity' gain level. I was impressed. It has a very convincing at the edge of breakup sound. So I scooped up a standard yellow one for only $45.00 USD

No comments:

Post a Comment