Saturday, June 19, 2021

OVERDRIVE- BOOTLEGGER Tube Distortion ... maybe yes ???

 BOOTLEGGER TUBE DISTORTION 
$190.00 USD
I am usually not a big fan of Tube OD's even though I am a fan of Tube amps. 
I find they do not mix well with all my other transistor based pedals. They tend to overly colour or they do not have good EQ. I am sure this is a hybrid with transistors for EQ and more gain In my book that is good thing.
CONCLUSION
It sounds a bit thin without pulling back on the highs and sweeping the mids into the lower mids. If you are using a solid state amp pulling the gain back to just shy of crunch and leaving this as an always on pedal could transform your amp.

Bootlegger are all about guitars and even tube amps at really affordable prices.
Yes the products are made offshore but they design everything themselves and get  prototypes built over and over until they look good, sound good and most important are roadworthy.
Their quality specs seem too good to be true. BIG BUT ...they don't let you down
and they stand behind their product!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment