Friday, May 3, 2019

OVERDRIVE- MP Custom FX Gainiac Plus ...I can not find a single reason not to buy one!!!

 MP CUSTOM FX GAINIAC PLUS OD 

$100.00 USD
WOW!!!

Milos Popovic has been making gourmet pedals since 1986. Not exactly the new kid. lol
Only lately have MP Custom FX been getting the some well earned attention.
When he finishes a pedal he gives it it's own graphics then sells 'that pedal'  His daughter does some of the graphics. The pic on the right is 'my pedal.'

The layout is straight forward. Gain, 3 way EQ and level. There is the standard on off switch but also a boost switch.
Even the casing is made from scratch!
The active EQ is excellent and allows you not only to tweak the voicing but quite literally change it. The gain goes from a low mid to very high. The sustain is excellent. It has a rep in Europe as a Shredders delight!!!

The thing that spun my head is it's basic voicing it has all the balz and girth you could want but it is original. It is not another pedal that mimics a particular Brit or American amp. Do not get me wrong I love those pedals and have 23 of them now. I was looking for an OD that did the job of a good Fuzz but is distinctly an OD. In short the balz, grit and aggression of a Fuzz but with that predictable smoothness of an OD. I heard this and instantly new I found it!!!

Henning Pauly says he is asking too little for such a well made and great sounding pedal. He is of course right. But I am glad I ordered mine. LOL





CONCLUSION
I do not know about you but my notes of criticism's and also the 'Why Not To buy One' list
are BLANK!

HANDS ON
OK folks I have it!!!!
Is it as good as it seems? Yes!
Henning is not a big fan of heavy bass so he would set  up any OD in the traditional
pro way of rolling back the lows to keep away from drums, bass guitar and keyboard lows.
BUT ....in a trio overkill bass works a lot of the time and this little f. er has bass to spare.
The damn thing is as fat as any Plexi style pedal out there!!! Sustain is amongst the very best!

No comments:

Post a Comment