Saturday, July 1, 2017

WAH - AMT JAPANESE GIRL WAH ...what's not to like?

AMT JAPANESE GIRL WAH WH-1                                                                                                                                          

AMT are a truly alternative to the classic Jim Dunlop Cry Baby
I say true alternative because most Wah pedals clone the Dunlop 
sound. I have no problem with that. A case of if it isn't broken
don't fix it!!! lol
The AMT however make a sound that is noticeably
fuller and maybe not quite as aggressive is hardly passive either.
It gives you a choice of 3 ranges to sweep thru. I expect it would be a no brainer to put in one the same as the Cry Baby. Most Wah pedals are fixed to just one range. Add to that it is built like a tank.
What is more it uses optics ( just like the pricey Morley) so you do not have a pot that will eventually wear out.
The small size is no longer new but very welcomed to many players including me.



$125.00 USD

ordered direct from small stores in Russia
$100.00 USD plus free shipping


Add to that it just looks great!
Nicely painted a
'look at me' mauve in its chunky solid looking box.
Reasonable priced too!


There now several Wha pedals that look like it. But have a switch to turn them into a volume pedal.You will have to weigh that. If you already use a Wha then it is a priority
to get a great sound. in that case this is a serious candidate.

You will note in the vid the 'Crybaby' seting is bang on.
There is another vid comparing these 2 pedals...they compare the pedals with the AMT ...NOT SET TO the Crybaby setting
FOUL PLAY!!!

I for one would not want the AMT without a Crybaby setting...like most players the Crybaby is a 'safe' sound ..I can not go wrong with it. The other sounds may or may not be very useful ...I might find them even preferable if I indeed have them to work with.

I am left with the impression from the other comparison video that someone out there feels threatened.???
Why would you NOT compare the 2 pedals set with the same voicing???

CONCLUSION
Considering the price ...the classic Wah sound and the extra Wah sounds (probably best used for a 'cocked wah' application.)
...add to that the great build the pedalboard friendly size and (to me) the best looking Wah out there this is a 'go to' choice for a Wah.




 I have a Caline Hot Spice CP-31 a very good and cheap Crybaby wah. BUT!!!.
at the $100.00 USD price direct from Russia this is a must have!!!! I will do a Reverb on my Caline 



SO MY AMT WAH HAS ARRIVED

Go check the 'EXTRA JUMBO LARGE' Post and read my commentary on the AMT wah.
It exceeded my expectations! Everything about it from the sound, the fit and finish even the the ergonomics of how the treadle is placed just SCREAMS QUALITY!!!!
...not even a small piece of lint to pick!

No comments:

Post a Comment