Saturday, November 11, 2023

OVERDRIVE- VENURAM Butter Machine Landau Distortion ___ NEW ___ Tube Screamer?

$465.00 USD
VENURAM  BUTTER MACHINE LANDAU DISTORTION
I heard a blindfold test between a $30.00 USD Caline Blue sky and a $465.00 USD Jan Ray. I picked the Caline as being the real one because it was identical but just a bit tighter???
I thought the Venuram were over evaluated for their sound. I thought their prices were beyond totally obscene. But then I thought maybe ??? ...well there is no 'maybe'. I am 100% convinced!!!
The layout is a dead simple Gain, Volume and Tone.
CONCLUSION ___
It is another Tube Screamer!!! in fact a 70's TS9. For the purist it is also known by its builder designer Maxon, the SD-9. 
In the 70's they changed the OpAmp in them 3 times and no one 
complains or points it out. The difference between the 70's 
and the newest ones is all but non existent. For the record the TS808 is indeed different and new ones are different enough to hear the difference 
in a blindfold test. .....<>^
....this is in the Guiness Book of Records as the biggest ever rip off from 
                 a manufacturer of analog overdrives on planet earth!!!


2 comments: