Friday, November 10, 2023

OVERDRIVE- HORROTHIA EFFECTS Teeth MKII ___ NEW ___ transparent perfection ???

HORROYHIA EFFECTS TEETH MKII
$325.00 USD
Tom Oakes was a studio engineer that moved into studio solutions by
making custom problem solvers. He eventfully found his way into pedals by being a problem solver. A kind of Howard Dumble trying to make not an amp but the perfect OD pedal. Like Dumble all his pedals sound as much the same as different. He makes pedals not what John Mayer may want but what the guy who will replace John Mayer as the next generation player that we all get stupid about, lol.
He does come off a tad more arrogant than me so he gets right up my ....LOL.
The layout is Gain, Blend of soft to hard clipping, Saturation (Compression) Breath (presence) and level.
CONCLUSION ___
It does what it claims. I get a very similar sound using a Taurus
Servo v.1 pre, going into a Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone Compressor then into a JV Effects Transmitter Boost /OD. All 3 pedals of which are 
idiosyncratic, lol. Hearing them in one pedal is odd but tempting.  
At the price if it doesn't hit the bullseye I could have a pricy paper weight. ðŸ˜Ÿ
 

3 comments:

  1. Is the JV Effects Transmitter boost the same as the Hudson Broadcast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very similar Garry. It uses NOS parts etc. but they could be different. I only use it for its clean sound that is very bright and very glassy. I use it to play vintage Strat sounds. I pretty much have all 3 knobs at 12 Oclock. I can never see it it leaving my board.

    ReplyDelete