Friday, December 2, 2022

OVERDRIVE- WAMPLER Triumph Overdrive ___NEW ___ a take on a Boss SD-1___$100

WAMPLER| 
TRIUMPH OVERDRIVE 
$100.00 USD
The Boss SD-1 is virtually a Tube Screamer that uses different diodes to give you more amp like distortion. A real Tube Screamer uses symmetrical distortion which mostly only  pushes up even order harmonics. Which means it tends to sound a bit synthetic. Both are relatively low gain so they work well as a boost. The sound is not overly distorted so it works well with busy chord work like flat picking and on the proverbial 'cowboy chords'.
The layout is bass, mids, treble,volume and gain and a toggle to switch from punch to smooth.
CONCLUSION
I have a real BOSS SD-1 which I find is useful on my semi as it is my go to to transfer things that I would perhaps work well on acoustic guitar but there is too much down. I got my Boss 2 years ago on a sale new for $40.00 USD. They go for $63.00 USD on Sweetwater side to using an acoustic in a band. I do not hear a $37 improvement with the Wampler. To be fair it gets down to application or in my case the number of other OD's I can use on a tune. It could be great in a Blues, Alternative or American genres even as your only OD.



No comments:

Post a Comment