Friday, December 2, 2022

OVERDRIVE- DIESEL Herbert OD/Pre ...sounds just like the amp ...but

DIEZEL|
HERBERT DH 2 CH OD PRE 
$300.00 USD
I bought the DH4  four years ago. It took 2 months to get and 2 weeks after 
I got it they brought out the DH-4 2Ch. I was totally p. off. I also found that 
you had to crank the volume to get the sound so as I have often mentioned.
I use my pedals at unity gain so in a tune if I go from one pedal to another I won't find one just right, one too quiet and one to f.ing loud. It is totally old school to do this ...back when a guy only used one or two pedals. I would think this new one doesn't have such stupid issues.  
This is the 3rd pedal so they have three pedals.
The layout is mid sweep, mid cut level, master volume, gain, treble, mid 
and bass. Then presence and deep a kind of overall boost. It runs on 
18 volts & the adapter is provide.
CONCLUSION
It definitely has it's own sound a kind of semi metallic shearing vibe which is cool. I found the sustain sucked. Passable but the low end is average. it's noisy too. It is stupidly big. These days it should have had a charge 
pump built in so you can run it off a 9v adapter. It should be at least $50 less. 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi, have you received the CALINE CP-75 HIGH PEAK DISTORTION?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious to know if it is as good as expected!

    ReplyDelete