Saturday, September 28, 2019

GUITAR- STRANDBERG Salene ....welcome to the 21st Century!

 STRANDBERG SALENE 


New and not new. Strandberg have been around for awhile known as ...with what most consider a cult guitar.
Well listen up guys. In '51 the Fender Telecaster was a 'CULT' guitar!! Then a few years later everyone else was playing follow the leader.
So what's the big deal?
The first thing taken care of is weight, balance  and comfort. Gone is a heavy headstock and all the hardware is 'machined' from titantanium not cast or molded from heavy alloys that not only add weight but are aerated in the process causing air pockets to trap and kill your resonance and sustain. 
In short it is in every way state of the art!


No plastics or high tech materials for body and neck materials. It was felt the electric guitar needed improvement not change for the sake of change. Stradivarius made a violin ...a wood violin ...that has never been surpassed for tone. There is a wide choice of PU's even electronics ...BUT this is to cater to styles of playing. Stanberg feels passive pickups are still in every way a legitimate voice of the instrument.







CONCLUSION
I feel this an important advancement. Not just a trendy gimmick.
Sooo... I went down to my friendly neighbourhood Pro shop.
I played one for an hour. Occasionally I moved my hand in a way that made me aware I was playing an odd shaped neck. The fan frets do not f. you up anywhere near what you would think. It is just a bit odd to look at. It makes the neck feel really short even though it isn't.
In short I think anyone can adapt.
Hell I'm 72 ...so you have no excuse check it out. Actually play one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment