Saturday, March 30, 2019

OVERDRIVE WHEEHBO Plexdrive ...yes another Plexi ! ...but oh how aggressive this one is!!!

WHEEBO PLEXDRIVE
$270.00

Eike Hintzen has been making OD's one at at a time in his shop in Hanover Germany for years. He now offeres you 14 choices!!!

Eike's Plexi is very aggressive. Keep in mind that there were Plexi amps from 1965 to 1981 with both 100 watt and 50 watt always on offer and even lower and higher wattage's. 
The amp was updated every few years. One of the last version's has a USA model with 6550 tubes in it instead of EL 34's.
Like cars some years are classic and others not.
At any rate you can never truly pick one pedal over another as perfect ...just different. I have several Plexi pedals myself and I love them all. Lawrence Petross has done several different years. Right now the 74 is the newest.
CONCLUSION
I can not find anything not to like for a straight up Plexi sound.
The most accurate is probably the Surprise Sound Lab HVO.
I have one and love it ...but it is not the most exciting.
Right now I favour the Dawner Prince Red Rox for shredding!

No comments:

Post a Comment